About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, CA / Belize City, Belize, California, United States
Hello, My name is Casey Bateman. I am a professional triathlete on the Belize National Team. I am currently working on making the 2016 Olympic Team and the 2018 Commonwealth Games Team. I came from a swimming background in the USA and have since switched my focus to triathlon.

Friday, July 8, 2011

2011 USAT Southwestern States Regional Championships

Good Morning Everyone,
 So today is the day before state championships and i can say that i have not been more excited for a race before! I could not even sleep yesterday and that is two days out from the event. I have my bags packed, bike cleaned and have checked through all of my equipment ten times now! Regionals will be taking place at San Francisco's Treasure Island tomorrow morning the 9th of July! The swim will be 2 laps in the chilly bay with an expected high of 58 degrees in the water. The swim will take place on a very technical bike course over six laps 8 kilometers each lap and then will finish with the 3 lap 10 k run! I haven't had a chance to preview the course to much yet but the plan is to do that when i drive in this afternoon! Wish me luck this weekend my goal time is 2:04:00 which would break the current course record as well as win me a state title!

No comments:

Post a Comment