About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, CA / Belize City, Belize, California, United States
Hello, My name is Casey Bateman. I am a professional triathlete on the Belize National Team. I am currently working on making the 2016 Olympic Team and the 2018 Commonwealth Games Team. I came from a swimming background in the USA and have since switched my focus to triathlon.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Olympic Training Center and U-23 World Championship Team

Hello Everyone,
 I hope this post finds everyone well! Now that we are a month into the new season of training, We have set our sights on a few early season benchmark tests! Last week the United States Olympic committee released its benchmark tests for both the U-23 World Championship team and its benchmark test for the residency programs at the Olympic Training Centers in both Chula Vista, California and Colorado Springs, Colorado. The swim times are posted as a 18:23 for a 1500 M swim and 18:00 for a 1650 Y swim. Those will be rather easy times to hit considering my swimming back round. I will pursue the long course time trial next week in San Luis Obispo. Also the running time trials have been posted. There are 3 time standards, they include a 9:00 3K run, a 15:45 5K, and lastly a 33:00 10K. Today I will be pursuing the 3K TT at Cal Poly with my Tri team. Next week I will  pursue the 5K TT with a current ITU 40-45 Age Group Long Course World Champion. He is one of my coaches athletes and has a fast 33 minute 10 k coming off the bike. He will be a rabbit to set up the first 2.5-3K where I will be off to do battle on my own. These times will help secure a spot for me to do a week long residency program at either of the Olympic training centers with my coach. We will be given the opportunity to work closely with other USAT coaches, as well as do some exercise physiology tests such as Max VO2, Lactic threshold, and metabolic heart rate tests. I'm looking very forward to get this as well as see where my fitness stands currently as I pursue getting on the U-23 World team. Keep posted this week as I will update you all on the status of the Time Trials!

No comments:

Post a Comment