About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, CA / Belize City, Belize, California, United States
Hello, My name is Casey Bateman. I am a professional triathlete on the Belize National Team. I am currently working on making the 2016 Olympic Team and the 2018 Commonwealth Games Team. I came from a swimming background in the USA and have since switched my focus to triathlon.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Transition Year

Good Afternoon Everyone,

The start of my 2014 campaign begins in 17 days in Bridgetown, Barbados at the ITU Bridgetown PATCO Pan-American Cup. I'm very excited to make my return as I have been spending the past off-season refocusing my goals and becoming an all around better athlete.

This off-season has been a life enriching process with plenty of learning and new life experiences. I have taken a new respect to recovery and nutrition as well as daily monitoring of training. Jenny has made it a goal to change the way I eat and I believe it as in turn helped me perform better, recover faster and maintain a healthy racing weight. In the past this has always been difficult for me as I am known for eating an entire box of hot pockets and plenty of hot dogs. My new nutrition plan is focused on more greens, health fats, proteins and a slight variation in carbohydrate intake. Overall I feel lighter, stronger, and able to maintain my energy levels more consistently.

I have also spent a bit of time learning from Eric how to become a better professional. I have taken a deeper role in the feedback and R&D with my sponsors, as well as being the best ambassador that I can be.

The first race of the year will be taking place in Bridgetown, Barbados. The event will be a sprint distance race consisting of a 750 Meter ocean swim, 20K 4 lap bike, and a 5K 2 lap run. The focus for the event will be to ride safely and have a strong run to back up the bike. I have placed a heavy emphasis on my run this off-season so that I can be competitive off the bike, I look forward to getting an opportunity to see where I am early in the year.

As for the remainder of the year I will be racing a world cup in Ixtapa, Mexico in May, ITU Chicago, ITU Stockholm, ITU Edmonton and another world cup in Mexico. I'm looking into a few other races to sprinkle in on top of that, but will announce those as they become available.



No comments:

Post a Comment