About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, CA / Belize City, Belize, California, United States
Hello, My name is Casey Bateman. I am a professional triathlete on the Belize National Team. I am currently working on making the 2016 Olympic Team and the 2018 Commonwealth Games Team. I came from a swimming background in the USA and have since switched my focus to triathlon.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Week of 6/19/11 Update!

Hey Everyone!
This past week went very well The corneal abrasion is healing up very well and it looks like I can wear contacts again this week. Training has been going very well too, some of this weeks workouts include a bike run brick with my coach, a lot of long runs, and some tempo work on the track in which I'm seeing great improvements with and can't wait to apply it to my next race! I applied to be on my first amateur elite team this past weekend. Feel free to look them up and check out my biography. The team name is Team Endurance Films. I look forward to hearing back soon and will hopefully be put on there national team. I also would like to announce that I have brought in one more sponsor, H2Oaudio makers of waterproof mp3 cases to listen to music while working out of hanging out in the pool. I'm very glad to have them aboard and I am looking forward to working with them.

In racing news I have signed up for the International Distance at the San Francisco Triathlon at Treasure Island. This race is The USAT regional championships for the South Western United States and the top 1/3 of athletes in each age group have an opportunity to qualify for Nationals. I have already qualified for nationals and will be looking to add another podium to the resume while getting some experience before Nationals. That race will be taking place on July 9th 2011!! Stay tuned the rest of the week for more

2 comments:

  1. Hi Casey! Thanks for riding with our slow group last night. I will look forward to all your updates. Sounds like you are on you way to the top of the elite racers! Good luck in your upcoming races!!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the support! I love riding wth you guys its so much fun! I will keep you all posted!

    ReplyDelete