About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, CA / Belize City, Belize, California, United States
Hello, My name is Casey Bateman. I am a professional triathlete on the Belize National Team. I am currently working on making the 2016 Olympic Team and the 2018 Commonwealth Games Team. I came from a swimming background in the USA and have since switched my focus to triathlon.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day Racing!

Hello Everyone,
 Happy Valentines Day! Sorry for the past delay of blogs the training and the school have been keeping me very busy! In January I began my first quarter at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo as a kinesiology major with an emphisis in Exercise Phsyiology. Class has been very fun but there have been lots of labs 3 a week to be exact i'm ercited though because I get to be a test dummy for some of them! Anyways crit season is over and after four races i feel pretty competent with the style of racing and i'm very excited to carry over what I learned to the draft legal triathlon racing. Let me tell you though the first practice crit i did was like a geometry and physics lesson that I can say I did not do fairly well in. Triathletes have not adapted well to going fast in and out of turns they are used to going fast and straight! I feel like the adaption has come along very well since and I ended up placing in my final two crits as well! As for swimming I'm back in the water with the Avila Dolphins in a very cold 52 degrees but thats what you gotta do if you wanna be great! The running is coming along too. After a bout of some shin splints my sponsor San Luis Sports Therapy graciously offered to work with me on my hips and shins to help strengthen my hip flexors as well as the muscle group surronding my posterior tibia (the big long bone in your leg).   Race season will be under way in three weeks with the kickoff being in Clermont, Florida for the Draft legal challenge. Here I will begin my journey to attempt to make this year's U-23 World Championship team draft legal. To do so I will need to earn my elite card as well as race and place top 5 in a ITU continental cup. The full race schedule will be out very soon as I prepare to make changes to help me accomplish this goal! Check In again next week as I will be full throttle in my blogging efforts and racing efforts as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment