About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, CA / Belize City, Belize, California, United States
Hello, My name is Casey Bateman. I am a professional triathlete on the Belize National Team. I am currently working on making the 2016 Olympic Team and the 2018 Commonwealth Games Team. I came from a swimming background in the USA and have since switched my focus to triathlon.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My first Triathlon!!! Morro Bay Triathlon

June 5th 2011, today was my first race as a full time triathlete. I had quite a successful outing! I raced the sprint distance race and won the overall age group title, the 20-24 age group title and qualified for National Championship's this August in Burlington, Vermont. I was first out of the water with a minute lead on second place, I went into the bike ride knowing that would be the weakest point of my race, I lasted for 10 miles before being passed by two athletes in my race. I kept them in site for the final two miles of the ride and came into the transition in third place but i had a quick transition to move back into first and duel it out with one other athlete for the remaining 5 K run to end up winning by 22 seconds. Below is the posted article about the Morro Bay Triathlon with a good picture of me and another athlete pounding it out on the run course for the championship! http://www.tolosapress.com/managed_files/cms/BNWebIssue060911.pdf




Me Taking the Lead under the grove trees to secure the win I'm on the left!


Me taking my first podium at morro bay!

No comments:

Post a Comment